Summit Huts Association to reopen cabins July 1

Summit Huts Association to reopen cabins July 1

The Summit Huts Association has announced that Francie’s and Janet’s cabins will open for summer use July 1.

As part of novel coronavirus regulations, all future reservations at Summit Huts through Sept. 30 will be single-party only, which guarantees the group will have the entire cabin.

As such, Francie’s and Janet’s cabins will require a whole-hut reservation at a maximum capacity of 14 people. Pillows and sheets will no longer be provided at the huts, so Summit Huts recommends visitors bring their own pillow and XL-twin bed sheets to cover existing mattress covers.

Summit Huts also said it will require increased guest responsibilities for cleaning and sanitizing cabins at both entry and exit. The association added to expect higher-frequency staff visits during midday turnover as part of checking guest adherence to cleaning guidelines.

All saunas at Summit Huts cabins are temporarily closed.

Bookings from March 16 through May 31 that were canceled will receive a full credit with an expiration date of Sept. 30, 2021. Guests are encouraged to contact huts@huts.org or 970-925-5775 for rebooking information.

Visit SummitHuts.org/covid-19bookingsummer2020 for more information and for an updated hut cleaning checklist.

Beyond Summit County, the 10th Mountain Division Hut Association has opened some huts elsewhere in Colorado. For more information, visit Huts.org.

 

Summit Huts Association to reopen cabins July 1

Summer is here! | Uptown240 | Lake Dillon | Dillon, CO

Summer is here! | Uptown240 | Lake Dillon | Dillon, CO

It’s a beautiful June day here at Uptown240 and the Dillon Farmer’s Market has its first day today!!

“Summer is here! | Uptown240 | Lake Dillon | Dillon, CO”

Dillon Farmer’s Market Return | Uptown240 | Dillon, CO

Dillon Farmer’s Market Return | Uptown240 | Dillon, CO

“We definitely had to cut things out that would encourage people to congregate, like live music, face painting, and products like ice cream,” Anderson said. “We’re excited to have that all back in the future. But it’s tough because we value our relationships with these vendors, and they’re part of what has made us successful year after year.”

Anderson said 75% of the vendors would be offering “essential products” like fruits, vegetables, cleaning supplies, and more. The other 25% will consist of non-food vendors. Product sampling has been eliminated, and vendors are required to provide to-go offerings.

The town will be requiring visitors to wear masks, which can be picked up at the town’s tent before entering, and will be putting out signage to create a one-way circulating pedestrian flow. The town also will be capping visitor capacity to 440 individuals at a time. Anderson said the market often sees as many as 3,000 people in a day, but with visitors staggering their arrivals, the town isn’t expecting issues.

Taken from: https://www.summitdaily.com/news/dillon-farmers-market-to-open-friday-summer-concerts-at-amphitheater-canceled/

“Dillon Farmer’s Market Return | Uptown240 | Dillon, CO”